In This Episode
In this episode, Beth Friesen, Certified Dementia Practitioner, placement agent, and author of I Love Someone with Dementia…So Why Am I Losing My Mind? A Practical Guide, talks with Christy about how her experiences during her mother’s battle with dementia ignited a passion within her to help others, as well as the importance of getting legal documents in order.
Mentioned in This Episode
- Beth’s Book: I Love Someone with Dementia…So Why Am I Losing My Mind?: A Practical Guide
- Find out where your person is in the disease process: FAST Scale
- What is a Certified Senior Advisor?
- Beth’s Company: Oasis Senior Advisors
- REPLAY: The Dementia Sherpa’s Master Class Training: Creating Your Care Partnering Plan for 2020
For Care Partners
Dementia can last 20+ years.
That's a long time to struggle with trial and error!
If you're ready to step out of overwhelm (and anxiety about the future), click the button below now to schedule your complimentary Dementia Caregiver Strategy call with Christy. (Mobile users, click HERE.)
It's time for you and your person to step into the life you deserve.
Mike Good founded The Alzheimer’s Podcast in May 2017. Christy appears as a guest in episodes 15, 19, 21, and 23-26. She became the featured expert on the show starting with episode 28 and appears in every episode after, except 56. When Mike decided to follow his bliss, Christy took over the show in January 2019.
If you have questions or comments for Phil (or me), please let us know! We love hearing from you 🙂