In This Episode
This episode was recorded April 27, 2020. Just like last week’s episode, we again talk about the value of a human life.
It’s a recurring theme on The Alzheimer’s Podcast, because we believe that when others don’t see people living with a dementia diagnosis as having value simply because they’re our fellow humans, then every human life can be devalued.
And when that happens, inhumane treatment can be justified based on any criteria those in power come up with in the moment.
Obviously, we had no idea when we recorded this episode that it would be released during a time of global protests demanding the perfectly reasonable acknowledgement that Black lives matter.
We are in no way looking to co-opt a movement or diminish the message that Black lives matter. Rather, we stand in solidarity.
- Trump suggests ‘injection’ of disinfectant to beat coronavirus and ‘clean’ the lungs
- We wait in our nursing home, helpless and scared, knowing the virus is coming for us
- Phil’s Journal: ‘Caring Places,’ or, a Meditation on the Future of Long-Term Care Facilities
- Paul Ryan: 60 Percent Of Americans Are ‘Takers,’ Not ‘Makers’
- COVID-19 has brought havoc to nursing homes. Will pandemic end ‘warehousing’ the elderly?
- Episode 87: Dementia Reimagined with Dr Tia Powell
- Episode 88: Building a Life of Joy and Dignity from Beginning to End with Dr Tia Powell
- Dr Tia Powell’s book: Dementia Reimagined: Building a Life of Joy and Dignity from Beginning to End
- LIVE Master Class Training: Dementia Care Basics: Caring for Your Person at Home
- Replay: Master Class Training: Make Your Own Luck: 8 Ways to Start Reducing Your Chances of Developing Dementia Right Now
- Replay: Master Class Training: Advance Care Planning
- Replay: Master Class Training: Creating Your Care Partnering Plan for 2020
More For Care Partners
Dementia can last 20+ years.
That's a long time to struggle with trial and error!
If you're ready to step out of overwhelm (and anxiety about the future), click the button below now to schedule your complimentary Dementia Caregiver Strategy call with Christy. (Mobile users, click HERE.)
It's time for you and your person to step into the life you deserve.
Mike Good founded The Alzheimer’s Podcast in May 2017. Christy appears as a guest in episodes 15, 19, 21, and 23-26. She became the featured expert on the show starting with episode 28 and appears in every episode after, except 56. When Mike decided to follow his bliss, Christy took over the show in January 2019.
If you have questions or comments for Phil (or me), please let us know! We love hearing from you 🙂