In This Episode
We’re fast-forwarding through the editing queue to bring you this episode recorded June 23, 2020. We wanted to make this episode as timely as possible for a few reasons:
- Phil Gutis (our Assistant Sherpa on The Alzheimer’s Podcast) and his husband Tim Weaver once again did a Longest Day event on behalf of The Alzheimer’s Association. The Longest Day was last weekend, but the fundraising doesn’t close out until August 31, 2020, so there’s still time to donate here.
- Phil describes their Longest Day experience as Laurel & Hardy Throw a Party, and gives up the details. There’s a lot of laughing in this episode, and sometimes–like if we’ve been lucky enough to survive 2020 so far–we just need to laugh.
- We finally got Tim on the show!! He provides some great insight and what I believe are three of the most valuable pieces of advice a dementia care partner will ever get.
- Replay: Master Class Training: Make Your Own Luck: 8 Ways to Start Reducing Your Chances of Developing Dementia Right Now
- Replay: Master Class Training: Advance Care Planning
- Replay: Master Class Training: Creating Your Care Partnering Plan for 2020
More For Care Partners
Mike Good founded The Alzheimer’s Podcast in May 2017. Christy appears as a guest in episodes 15, 19, 21, and 23-26. She became the featured expert on the show starting with episode 28 and appears in every episode after, except 56. When Mike decided to follow his bliss, Christy took over the show in January 2019.
If you have questions or comments for Phil (or me), please let us know! We love hearing from you 🙂