In This Episode
This episode is part two of my conversation with Mikaela Wilson and Spencer Coombe, co-founders of Senior Support Services of Southern Ontario and co-authors of Any Game for Any Brain. Last episode, we talked about the Canadian military’s report on five nursing homes in Ontario and the awful conditions they found there. As Spencer said, it was shocking, but “we weren’t shocked.”
John Lewis had it exactly right when he said, “When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something, to do something. Our children and their children will ask, ‘What did you do? What did you say?’”
And that’s exactly why we continue to speak up on The Alzheimer’s Podcast. We discuss more problems in long-term care in both Canada and the US in this episode. Bringing problems to the light is the important precursor to solving them, and we talk about some solutions in this episode, too.
This episode was recorded July 14, 2020. And by the way, this episode is rated E for explicit, because I characterize the US response to the coronavirus pandemic as a ‘s—show.’
- Senior Support Services of Southern Ontario co-founded by Spencer Coombe and Mikaela Wilson
- Mikaela & Spencer’s new book, Any Game for Any Brain
- Episode #140: “We weren’t shocked”
- Complimentary Strategy Call for Dementia Care Partners
- Replay: Master Class Training: Make Your Own Luck: 8 Ways to Start Reducing Your Chances of Developing Dementia Right Now
- Replay: Master Class Training: Advance Care Planning
- Replay: Master Class Training: Creating Your Care Partnering Plan for 2020
More For Care Partners
Dementia can last 20+ years.
That's a long time to struggle with trial and error!
If you're ready to step out of overwhelm (and anxiety about the future), click the button below now to schedule your complimentary Dementia Caregiver Strategy call with Christy. (Mobile users, click HERE.)
It's time for you and your person to step into the life you deserve.
Mike Good founded The Alzheimer’s Podcast in May 2017. Christy appears as a guest in episodes 15, 19, 21, and 23-26. She became the featured expert on the show starting with episode 28 and appears in every episode after, except 56. When Mike decided to follow his bliss, Christy took over the show in January 2019.
If you have questions or comments for Phil (or me), please let us know! We love hearing from you 🙂