In This Episode
Christy Turner, AKA The Dementia Sherpa, and Phil Gutis, our Assistant Sherpa, get candid about a wide range of topics:
- Phil’s depression
- His use of Ambien during his working years
- His aunt, who is showing signs of cognitive impairment
- Familial and environmental risk factors for developing neurodegenerative diseases
- The possibility of a cure (or at least an effective treatment similar to the HIV cocktail) in the next 10 years
- The relative value of seeing a neurologist pre- and post-diagnosis
Mentioned in This Episode
- 24 hour clock
- Episode 119: “Now & Again” with Alex Leff, ft. Grandpa Mel
- The Dementia Sherpa’s LIVE Master Class Training: Advance Care Planning
For Care Partners
Dementia can last 20+ years.
That's a long time to struggle with trial and error!
If you're ready to step out of overwhelm (and anxiety about the future), click the button below now to schedule your complimentary Dementia Caregiver Strategy call with Christy. (Mobile users, click HERE.)
It's time for you and your person to step into the life you deserve.
Mike Good founded The Alzheimer’s Podcast in May 2017. Christy appears as a guest in episodes 15, 19, 21, and 23-26. She became the featured expert on the show starting with episode 28 and appears in every episode after, except 56. When Mike decided to follow his bliss, Christy took over the show in January 2019.
If you have questions or comments for Phil (or me), please let us know! We love hearing from you 🙂